May 29

Farewell to Fourth Grade!

Our Fondest Memories of Fourth Grade…

Dr. Armacost:  What a year !! Could you ever have imagined a more surprising school year than what we have experienced?  Coming to CVIS presents new challenges, new opportunities and new experiences and all of you have handled these situations in an amazing manner. We are so excited to have you at CVIS for two more years and know that you will continue to do great things throughout your time at Conewago Valley.  Always remember to be kind to one another as you never know when a nice word can make a difference to another person. Enjoy your summer and we look forward to the time we can all be together at CVIS again.

Mrs. Long:   This year was AMAZING all because of each and every one of you!  As I reflect on the school year, my thoughts immediately take me back to the Orientation night and the first day of school.  Many of you walked hesitantly into my classroom, not knowing what to expect of 4th grade at CVIS.  Instantly, I knew that we had an incredible group of kiddos who were kind, caring and eager to learn!

This school year surely did not end the way we all thought it would, but it will be our memories that we will cherish for a lifetime.  Our fall was filled with a cool field trip to Codorus and many holiday activities.  Our Throw Kindness Around Like Confetti remained our theme throughout the school year.  I loved handing out a variety of shapes that displayed acts of kindness on our Kindness Tree.

You ALL mean the world to me!  I am so proud to have been your ELA teacher.  I have watched you grow physically, emotionally, socially and academically this school year.  I saw you take on the challenge of at home learning and give it your best effort each and every day.  The Living Museum is always the end of the year highlight.  Again, you took on the challenge of using your creativity to create your speech and video while at home.  I am ‘over the moon’ PROUD of you!

Kiddos, always stay true to yourself, spread Kindness like Confetti, and give your best in all that you do.  I will miss you all terribly.  Sending virtual HUGS to you.  Have an incredible summer!

Mrs. Buckley:

One of my favorite memories was the field trip to Codorus.  But more than that, my favorite memories are just the times I spent with you.  Seeing your smiling faces truly made each day special.  I loved getting the chance to work in small groups with you and enjoyed getting to know you.

Each one of you is remarkable and special.  No matter where you are, or what you do, just know that if you are kind to others and always do your best, you will make a difference in this world. You have made a difference in mine. I wish you much  joy and success in your future.

Mrs. McMaster: Wow, did we ever have an AWESOME year together in fourth grade this

year!  This year will be forever a special memory for me.  We had a great fall field trip to Codorus, created a team blog and news crew, had SO much fun in “Innovation Station,” learned SO much in math class this year, and had super awesome science experiences with Mrs. Stone and Mrs. Byrd from Gettysburg College.

We had great holiday fun…Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day…  I could not have asked for a better group of students with whom to experience a pandemic and at home learning!  You have proven to be a group of hard working R-Ox Stars, everyday showing your determination and perseverance to make the best of the situation!

I am beyond proud of how you have handled being away from one another.  I surely would rather be with you every day for the entire year, and I LOVED teaching you in-person.  However, I am so proud of how you took at home learning online head on and didn’t back down!  Together, we did it!  What a great year it was!  Wishing you all a wonderful summer…H.A.G.S.!! 🙂

Mrs. Reichart:

“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” Vivian Greene

When we started the year in the fall, I told you that the days would go by very quickly. At the end of this week, you will be officially 5th graders!

I know this year was different than any other year–and it was definitely not what we had planned. I am proud of each of you for growing, learning, and becoming the wonderful young people you are–despite all of the changes and challenges you encountered! You might not realize it now, but you will always remember 4th grade and how the world became different overnight.

Thank you for being amazingly thoughtful, kind, and caring young people. I enjoyed visiting you in Mrs. McMaster and Mrs. Long’s classrooms. I am only sad that we didn’t get to say goodbye in person!

Stay true to yourselves. Every one of you is absolutely perfect in his or her own way!

Have a wonderful summer!

Wyatt Myers: One of my favorite school memories was when we went to Codorus. We got to go on a hike and learn about the different types of trees. We also got to learn about bugs and we also got to catch some bugs in a net.

Another one of my favorite memories was when we celebrated holidays. I also had amazing teachers. It was fun to make new friends at school. I will miss everyone this summer.

Tristan Hagarman: Some of my 4th grade memories are before ELA class we got to talk to

our friends in the hallway. I also liked playing bingo on the holidays. I really liked when we watched movies during the holidays. My most favorite part about school was science class. What I liked about science class is the circuits and building the circuits.

Erin Karnas: Some of my favorite memories this year were getting lucky with the bingo card,getting GREAT teachers, and finding new friends. I know I will miss everyone,but I know I will have a great summer!

Devyn Stevens: My favorite memory of CVIS is having great fun at school and the bingo at holidays and I had the BEST and the FUNNEST teachers this year

and on  birthday’s it was the best  and making new friends this year. I will miss everyone this year, but I will have a great birthday and great summer. My 2 favorite memories are that Ms. Long and McMaster have great movies to watch on holidays. These are the memories I have for CVIS.

Nolan Paris: Some of my favorite memories from CVIS is the awesome codorus field trip, watching movies on the day before christmas break, having 2 great teachers, having teamtime every few days, and eating lunch with my friends every day. Those are my  favorite memories of fourth grade i hope you all have the best summer break.

Gavin Emeigh: My favorite memory about 4th grade was making new friends.  Being new to the area was scary since I didn’t know anyone and only moved here a few days before school started.  But, everyone was very friendly.  I’ve made some great friends and hope to keep in touch over the summer.  I also really liked our field trip to Codorus State Park.

Emma Clark: My favorite 4th grade memory is playing tag with my friends at recess. I had great teachers and classmates.It was a fun year. It will be a really great summer!

Evan Moser: Some of my favorite memories about CVIS are playing with my friends at recess, watching movies and doing special things on holidays or events and having great teachers.  Everybody have a great summer!

Jada Leighton: My favorite memories about the 4th grade were making new friends, going on field trips and having the funniest teachers. I will miss you guys. Have a great summer.

Clifford still: I miss Mrs.craig,mrs.kelician,mrs.mcmaster,mrs.lincoln and I miss my classmates. I also miss my friends and chorus and art and lunch with my friends. Have a nice summer break .

Jason Crist: I loved learning new things, making new friends and having new teachers. I really loved having Mrs. Lincoln with me again this year. She is awesome. I also loved playing my drums in band. I liked Mrs. McMasters’s music and Mrs. Long’s USA rug. PE was a lot of fun and I really liked the rock wall.

Madelynn Sites: My favorite 4th grade memories about 4th grade are going on field trips. I miss my classmates. I miss my teachers Mrs. Mcmaster, Mrs. Long, Mrs. Buckley. I miss you all. Have a great summer.

Khloe McCusker: I love the school year, it was so fun for me. I made new  friends they were all so nice to me.

My teachers here so friendly  and very very funny!!

Darrian Ebersole: my favorite memories of fourth grade are playing tag with my friends and the field trips. I’m going to miss my friends and teachers.

Kyra Smith: My favorite fourth grade memories are, going on the field trip. I loved doing all of the projects. I loved doing all of the specials. I miss everyone!

Rowan Trimmer:  My favorite fourth grade memories are making new friends,hanging out with my friends at recess and lunch, going on a field trip to Codorus, and having teachers who were fun and nice.  I miss everyone and hope you all have an awesome summer! 😀

Taylor Trimmer:  My favorite fourth grade memories are learning new things with my amazing teachers, spending time with all of my friends, and doing fun projects for the holidays.  I miss you all and wish you a fun and relaxing summer!  🙂

Ella Jacoby: My favorite fourth grade memory was learning cool things in Science and making new friends. I also really enjoyed Mrs. Long’s read alouds and Mrs. McMaster’s good ideas. But my favorite thing is having the best teachers! I hope everybody has a great summer!

Elijah Akinrosotu: My favorite 4th grade memories are meeting new friends and seeing old friends. I loved when we had school store, I liked all the different toys and candy they had. I will miss all my friends and all my teachers. Thank you to all my teachers that helped me gain all the knowledge they taught me. Have a pleasant summer everyone!

Geovani Lua:  My favorite 4th grade memories are meeting the teachers and the teacher aids.  They are nice and, I made a lot of friends.  The play area outside was super fun and, I also enjoyed all the assemblies.  They were so cool.  I loved them.  I hope that everyone has a great summer and i can’t wait to see everyone next year.

Landry Crabbs: MY favorite 4th grade memories are  being  a R-OX STAR —and  when Mrs. McMaster would say that she should get a bonus for teaching ELA  when she taught us new words. 🙂 Another favorite memory  is  meeting new people and getting to know the friends of my friends!  I loved doing science and the living museum, and  being able to help my teachers. Also–meeting my teachers–they are the best…and seeing them yesterday  was awesome…I  missed them as soon as they left. 🙁

Posted May 29, 2020 by mcmasterj in category Uncategorized